6.20.2011

Just a little prayer update.

Friends, family, prayer warriors-


I have a few requests this morning that I'd love for you all to know about and pray about.




We start festivals today! You can pray for patience, especially in the language barrier. None of these kids will speak English; they are all Albanian and speak Albanian and Greek. You can also pray that God opens my ears and mind to hear and translate, because I know that I could communicate but I've lost so much of my vocabulary and with the change in pronunciation, I'm not noticing that I know what people are saying. 
On that subject, I've got a pretty awesome story for you really quickly. When we were in the Red Light District, an old woman ambled past those of us who were standing on the street and praying. She said some things that I didn't understand, but then she said, "Blepo kala, efharisto." I wasn't really paying attention because I didn't expect to understand. But I did!! She said, "I am seeing good, thank you." You have no idea what that felt like. I know that ordinarily, I wouldn't have understood what she said. But God allowed me to remember.  He gave me that gift. He let me use my studies for the benefit of encouraging our team and for a glimpse into the heart of a Greek woman. Seriously, whoa. 

Also, you should pray for our team's health. Camille was sick yesterday, Emily was sick before bed last night, and Joanna got sick early this morning and still doesn't feel well. My room is well so far, and WE WILL DEFEAT THIS! We keep telling each other that we aren't going to get sick. So far, it's working. But I did make the mistake of not putting on any sunscreen, so my body hurts a bit every time I move...

Thank you all! Your support and encouragement allows me to be here. I am blessed.
In Him,
Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. Praying! And thanking God for the gift of understanding those few words! I know exactly how that feels. It must be even cooler for you though, to realize that you are hearing and understanding the same language our Lord's words were originally recorded in. As a fellow Greek (and soon Hebrew) student, I'm totally geeking out over that for you :) I love you and miss you!! Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete