1.11.2011

HOME.

Is where the heart is.
Is sweet.

What if your heart is in two places? Can you be fully at home in two separate places?
I put my mom on an airplane today. There are almost 800 miles between Houston and Nashville and everyday my heart aches because half of it is in another state.


I'm comfortable here at school and when I'm "home" I want to be here.
I love being with my family in good ole Texas and when I'm away I miss my family and friends dearly.


Can I ever be complete again?
I'm hoping one day, when I have a family of my own, that place--where they are--will be my true home. It won't matter if that place is Texas or Tennessee or Turkey, it'll be home.

I'll never lose my Texas pride. My heart will always jump when someone mentions Nashville.

All I want is for everyone I love to be in one place. I don't care where.

That's what heaven is for, I guess. There my heart will be fully satisfied. It won't long to be somewhere else.

It'll be HOME.

4 comments:

  1. Love this. So much.

    Praying for you, hope your first day of classes goes marvelously. And never forget that I'm only about a mile away if you ever need a hug or ridiculousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without you, all I'm going to be is ... incomplete.

    1. I love you
    2. You can have a literal home in my bed in Austin if you ever want or need :)
    3. O-Town Pandora is great. Hence the Backstreet boys quote
    4. Good luck tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "All I want is for everyone I love to be in one place."

    Suggestions:
    -I know this has probably never, ever occurred to you before... but get married and invite everyone you love to your wedding! If only for a day, they will be near.
    -Or, even better, let's establish a town and invite all our closest friends to live there. I call being mayor! (...if this turns in to a mafia like scenario, your Italian family automatically gets to be the mafia).
    -Less than desirable, but loved ones also gather at funerals. Pro being that Mr. Webb can probs hook you up with a sweet deal, con being that you wouldn't get to enjoy it.

    I love you, Kels! Hope you have a wonderful first day back :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you remember, but I blogged/talked/thought/whined about this a lot in Russia and since. I completely understand the feeling. But it's a feeling God feels too -- just look at the way Jesus talked and prayed before he left earth! He wants all of us to be together too, and we will be, forever!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete