7.22.2010

Beginning

I've decided to start a blog for a number of reasons.
a. I've been obsessed with reading blogs lately,
b. I need a place to say things without saying them to anyone in particular,
c. I feel like it will motivate me to try new things, and
d. I need to be writing.

I decided to make fabruckets today. I bought fabric and buttons at Hobby Lobby and came home to start working right away, using instructions from Kim and Connie (http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/how-tuesday-organizational-fabruckets-9149/?ref=fp_article_image). Instead of making a felt applique, I sewed on black and white buttons. I just have one last step to complete my first major craft project, so I'll post pictures tomorrow when I finish. I'm so impressed with myself! I don't know what I'll create next!

Three days ago, I made guacamummus with a recipe I'd been staring at for weeks (http://gimmesomeoven.com/guacamummus-or-hummamole-avocado-hummus/). It was a total success, and my family loved it! I should have chopped the red onions up a bit smaller before adding them at the end, but it was still wonderful overall. My sister, my mom, and I are all on a diet so instead of dipping chips or crackers into it, we dipped slices of red bell peppers. Yummy! We had some extra bell peppers so now we're just eating them raw. I've never had some this good. They are beyond juicy and flavorful. Maybe I'm shocked because the only ones I've ever had came from the school cafeteria...
I hoping to try out some more new recipes within the next few days.

I just wanted to get started on this blog. It's been nagging at me for a long time now. I'm satisfied now.
It's off to bed, but first I need to work on translating the Gospel of Mark from Greek and read a bit of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (for the fifteenth time). Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Your concluding comments reveal just how wonderfully nerdy you are :) I love you! So glad you've started this thing and am looking forward to future posts! -Lindy

    ReplyDelete