7.26.2010

I regret not taking my camera with me to dinner tonight. I wish I could show you the wonderful things I ate. My aunt, Grace, is a wonderful Italian cook. She loves to feed us. Since I was home alone tonight, she invited me over for dinner. She said she would be making stromboli.

Yes, please.

Such wonderful delicious-ness. It is my favorite meal she makes.

There was also a surprise. Edamame dumplings. She found this recipe in one of her Cooking Light magazines. I made myself a copy :)

So good. I can't even describe them to you.

Lately, I've really been wishing that I was going to live in a house or an apartment soon. I am ready to have my own space that I can decorate and furnish. I am ready for a place to cook and sew. I want a kitchen.

The next time some of my girlfriends and I cook dinner, I am whipping out my recipe for edamame dumplings. Such a success.

Thanks, Aunt Grace.

We also played Boggle. I whooped her bottom. That's right.

Today I started knitting a scarf for Kristi, even though I told myself I wouldn't until I finished the baby blanket I started a year and a half ago. Oh well. I bought some new bamboo needles and a skein of super brightly colored variegated yarn. I called Kristi to ask her what color she wanted from the store:

Me: "Hey! What color scarf would you like?"
Kristi: "What size dress do I want?"
Me: "No. What color scarf do you want?"
Kristi: "OH! Something exciting! Like yellow! Or blue!"
Me: "Okay. Do you want it to change colors?"
Kristi: "You can do that?! Yeah! I want it to go from yellow to green to blue and back again!"
Me: "Hahahaha. Okay. I'll see what I can do. Bye."

She didn't get quite what she asked for. It has more colors than just those three, but it still screams Kristi to me. I'll put up some pictures of it tomorrow to show my progress. I don't want Kristi to know exactly what it looks like, but she doesn't know about this blog yet. So, it's all good.

I also bought some suede cord so that my sister and I can make sailor's knot bracelets.

Within the next few days, I'll also break out the sewing machine again to make a smaller fabrucket.

I decided to make a Weasley clock for my dorm room door. Any suggestions?

I really don't understand what put me in such a homey mood. All I want to do is cook and craft and have conversations with people.

Thankfully, I have fewer hours at work this week (about half what I usually do), so I'll have more time for all of that.

Get ready people. Post are a-comin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment