7.22.2010

FABruckets!

My fabuckets (fabric buckets) aren't perfect-- that's for sure, but I do love them.

My biggest size might be too big. I need a stiffer fabric for that size. I love the buttons on them, though. It adds so much!

My smallest one might also be too big to use as a pencil holder, but I have extra fabric so I can make a smaller one if I feel like I need it.

Such cute buttons :)


They don't quite nest like they should, but I still like how they look all together.


I'm going to keep the edge of the middle size one turned down. I like the pop. If I do make another smaller bucket, I'm going to turn it inside out so the red is the lining. I'll also get some red buttons to go on the gingham side. Then I'll fold down the edge so the red shows. I wish I had thought about that for these but if I end up needing that small one, everything will work out!
Can you see how floppy the big one is in the background? Not good.
This is the big one with some of my yarn in it. I think it'll be better once all of my yarn is in it to fill it out. Oh well, I still like it. It's got floppy character. 

I just like the way they look with my bedding :) Sorry that my bed isn't made...

All in all, I'm proud of myself. Aren't they FABulous? I'm not very good at finishing projects, and I did this in less than 24 hours! Even with the mistakes and small hiccups, I'm satisfied. But it really puts me in the mood to do something else. I haven't felt this accomplished all summer! 

Now the question is, what next? My friend Kristi wants me to knit her a scarf, but I have a baby blanket that is halfway done. I've been working on it for over a year. ugh.

Next week my sister and I are going to make sailor's knot bracelets. She loves that kind. 

Any other ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment