3.23.2011

The Waiting Game

I'm sorry, but waiting stinks. Stinks like a family of skunks wafting through open car windows on a Texas road.

I feel as if all I've done for the past seven months is wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

Fill out an application.... Wait.
Ask for references.... Wait.
Ask references again because they didn't respond.... Wait.
Miss phone interview.... Wait.
Reschedule phone interview (twice).... Wait.
Do phone interview.... Wait.
... wait.

All those two to three week periods between "answers" add up.

And now? One last wait.

But that won't solve all the problems...

I'm late. Late, late, late. Very far behind.

I'm trying to let go of wait, wait, wait and late, late, late.

My new mantra?
Patience, patience, patience and trust, trust, trust.

Believe me, patience is one virtue I find very hard to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment